MSD’s Ready-to-Run Ford Distributors are the perfect upgrade for bulky DuraSpark systems or ancient breaker point models. These distributors come complete and ready-to-run. All you need to do is drop it in the engine, connect three wires and fire the engine. Each distributor features an ignition module that produces a powerful inductive spark to improve combustion of the fuel mixture resulting in quick starts, smooth idle and increased performance. The billet aluminum housings of these distributors are 5/8” smaller in diameter to accommodate induction setups and tight engine compartments. A maintenance-free magnetic pickup is responsible for triggering the high voltage sparks while a sealed ball bearing guides an oversized shaft. Beneath the bolt down cap and MSD race rotor you’ll find MSD’s accurate mechanical advance assembly. Different advance springs and stop bushings are supplied so you can easily tune a curve to match your needs. Plus, there is a vacuum advance canister to increase economy on long drives. For protection, there is also an easy-to-set rev limiter!
- Equipped with Steel Gear
- CARB E.O. Approved
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control
- Supplied with small diameter cap with HEI style terminals and race rotor (will accept 8441 Cap-A-Dapt)
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Housing is 5/8” smaller in diameter than stock Ford distributors
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect
- Includes built-in Rev Limiter!
- Note: Will not fit XD and later Australian 351 Cleveland engines.